Polk County Spousal Support Lawyers

Safeguarding Your Rights & Interests During the Divorce Process

When a marriage ends in divorce, one of the many aspects that needs to be resolved is that of spousal support. Also known as alimony, spousal support is awarded to an individual during or after divorce as financial support. If you would like to petition for spousal support, Boswell & Dunlap LLP is ready and willing to assist you in this regard.

We proudly offer initial consultations. Call (863) 533-7117 to request yours

What Kind of Alimony Is Available?

Our well-versed divorce attorneys can help you petition for the kind of alimony that best suits your current situation and your goals. There are various kinds of alimony that a person can petition for in the state of Florida.

An individual can petition for various kinds of alimony, including:

  • Temporary alimony - This kind of alimony provides a spouse with financial support during the divorce process. It ends once the divorce is finalized.
  • Permanent alimony - This kind of alimony, as its name suggests, provides a spouse with permanent financial support because he or she lacks the ability to be self-sufficient.
  • Bridge-the-gap alimony - This kind of alimony is short term and is awarded to a spouse in order to assist him or her temporarily, such as when completing education courses.
  • Rehabilitative alimony - This kind of alimony is awarded to a spouse who plans to gain training or complete an education program for employment purposes.

Speak with A Polk County Divorce Lawyer About Your Needs

Being worried about your financial situation after divorce is a legitimate concern. We wish to help you reach your spousal support goals so that you have everything you need to move on with your life. You don't have to do this alone. Our firm proudly serves divorce and family law clients throughout Bartow, Polk County, and the surrounding areas of Florida.

Don't hesitate to contact us to learn more about filing for spousal support.

*A $50 consultation fee will apply to family law cases.